Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Goal: 75kg By End Of January

Ok, instead of finding out how much pizza and chocolate I can eat, I'm going to reach my initial goal of 75 kg by the end of the month. This probably means that I can't eat a daily chocolate bar anymore, or screw around eating bags of popcorn. When I eat 100% "correctly", I'll end up getting really hungry in a few days, and crave either fat or sugar. It's pretty hard to ignore these cravings, since it's probably the body's reaction to losing weight, and it's homostasis mechanism trying to make me eat more. I'll just tell myself then, I'm sacrificing for this experiment, to see what happens when I stick to a calorie limitation.

All this while I've been losing weight, when the cravings hit, I end up eating like 3000 calories for the day to satisfy them. At first, I just ate more good food. Lately, I've turned to junky, satisfying food. And now, I'll try to resist the urges to catch up on calories, and just see what happens on a strict limit.

It's going to hurt, but it's just 3 weeks.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger Cat said...

The cravings are the worst... am still trying to wean off the crap and get back on track but its difficult. Have to just get locked up for a week with just water, bouillon & a treadmill to sweat that mess out and start all over lol
Wishing you all the luck, surely its difficult but not impossible? If you can do it i can certainly make more of an effort and fewer excuses :)

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

Well, at least the cravings tell me I'm in the throes of weightloss. (Not to confuse with the cravings I get when I'm compulsive overeating; i.e., when I start eating some junk, then want even more junk.)

When I'm eating 2000 cal/day and I'm still hungry, I know I'm doing ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home