Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Low Carb Cafe


I checked out a new cafe in Hillcrest tonight after spinning and strength training. I don't remember the name of the place, or the location, but here's a picture of a flourless chocolate tower that has only 110 calories. It's served warm with icing. I also had a steak sandwich, served with baked yam fries and coleslaw. Great place. I was the only customer at 8pm though. I drove 170 kph going home, because I was starving.

Driving around Hillcrest, I also picked up a pirate radio station, Free Radio San Diego on 96.9 FM. I heard that the FCC is a little more lenient with these low-power stations, but I was pretty impressed with the brazen way they said "Fuck" all the time. That's about all that makes the station unique. The music isn't that interesting. I'll check it out from now on.

3 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

I can't stand sweet potatoes, but love sweet potato fries. Don't know why.

Also, I really like 96.9. Guess the harassment when Michael Bowel left the FCC. There are times when they're mediochre, but other times I really enjoy them. Weekdays, they play "Democracy Now," which is a very interesting show.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

I used to listen to Democracy Now on the web. I'd also listen to KPFA from Berkeley. I listened to a lot of conspiracy radio, like Radio Free America, and the like.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Very Anonymous Mike said...

BTW -- that frosting does NOT look like frosting on that pastry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home