Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Tacos El Gringo

After the gym this morning we looked for a local Mexican restaurant, as I had a foolish idea that local might mean authentic. Well, local might mean "not a franchise", but that's about it. The restaurant we found in Scottsdale served Mexican-American comfort food, the standard Anglosised version of a combination plate. I guess it's similar to the standard "Chinese food" served to an American clientelle. Things that mean something only in America, and probably have a different expectation in other countries. Anyways, I had a carnitas taco, which actually was pretty close to what it should be, and a green corn tamale. It was served with rice and beans and cheese, which I didn't need. I ate a bunch of chips, but left a lot of the rice and beans on the plate. I don't think there's a place to "keep it real" in Scottsdale, the whitest place I've ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home