Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

First Hamstring Injury

Hooray, I finally got a hamstring injury. It's sore, and I can feel it a little getting up and sitting down. I don't think I've every injured this before, and I'm not sure I know how I got it. I think it happened at Outdoor Fitness Camp this morning, probably from over-exerting myself in the football-type drills. Maybe I shouldn't have killed myself in spinning this morning either. Maybe there is a tomorrow for another workout. Oh well, it'll probably get better soon, and I won't have to miss any workouts.

I really have to drive a better car. I'm pretty embarassed about my '96 Passat. It's a mess. I should really drive the Porsche around, but I feel self-conscious in it. It's for posers. I need to sell it, and get a 2006 BMW 330i. But I'm too lazy to get off my ass. Which hurts.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve,
If your hamstring strain persists try RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation. Very light stretching should help and once it starts feeling better you can begin restrengthening it with isometric contractions (tightening the muscle without flexing or extending the knee). Also try messaging it (or even better, going to get a nice relaxing message which does wonders for your recuperation).

I STRONGLY advise you not to continue pushing it until you have allowed your hamstring to repair. I know it's tempting but if you push it before it's ready you will continue to injur it even more which will derail your training and restrict your progress.

I hope it's already feeling better and you'll be back up and ready to go by next weekend!

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home