Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Learning About Eating Disorders

Yesterday I heard about the pro-ana and pro-mia sites for the first time. I remember hearing something about this on a Fox News segment a few years ago, but I didn't pay any attention to it. So finally, I saw what these pro-anorexia and pro-bulemia movements are all about. I haven't done much reading of their boards yet, but it's probably something as simple as these girls embracing their eating disorders. Even Fat Like Me calls herself a pro-ED site, although she is definitely not pro-ana nor pro-mia. Just ask her.

I think some people consider my behaviour indicative of an eating disorder. You may classify me as being an exercise bulemic, a typically male eating disorder. However, technically, bulemia probably involves binge eating followed by regret and immediate action to purge the calories. I do binge eat, but I don't really regret it after. I also don't work out while I'm gaining weight. However, periodically, I do get the mania to lose the weight, and I get pretty obsessive about it. Aren't I just a simple yo-yo dieter? BTW, I scored an 18 on the EAT-26 test, which is below the warning threshold (20).

Ok, back to my obsession. I wonder why ana/mia types don't chose to starve themselves the way I'm trying to. That is, with top-quality nutrition, and very, very appetizing meal plans. No junk, all gourmet. You'll still lose weight and eventually starve from a calorie deficit (I think), but you can really hide your problem. In fact, you weigh everything, record it all out in the open. If anyone tries to lecture you, you turn around and lecture them about nutrition. I think people could not conceive that you're starving yourself when you're eating 400g of meat a day, 5 vegetable servings, and 4 fruit servings. Probably, it's been tried before. I think I'm going to check out the pro-ana boards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home