Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Stage 4 Heartbreak

David Zabriski took a spill in the team time trial today with 1.5km to go, and the CSC team within :02 of Armstrong's Team Discovery. I guess it was a rookie mistake. Unbelievable. He must of dropped a minute out of the lead because of this sudden disaster.

I was doing my 80min @ 80% MHR workout on my bike, watching this happen on a Tivo'ed recording of OLN live coverage of day 4. The new 80% MHR workouts are feeling very good. I'm able to ride an additional 20min, so I probably burn more fat, and don't feel so exhausted afterwards.

Went to the gym afterwards to do strength training. It's nice to be able to do a quick (45min) workout in the gym, instead of 2 hours +. Afterwards I went to Whole Foods, a very upscale market, with real butchers, decor, and organic food. Of course, the bill is probably about twice what it would cost at my local produce market. For example, I spent about $53 tonight for probably 4 days worth of food. But, it's actually cheaper than fast food.

I broiled 300g of nice New Zeland lamb sirloin with salt, pepper, and garlic cloves. I cooked some asparagus in chicken broth. Finally, I made a nice salad with onions, yellow peppers, cucumbers, mixed greens, and corn, tossed with an orange sesame dressing. I also had several pieces of fruit today, 4 eggs, a great pastrami sandwich, and the days total is under 1850 calories. Gotta love this so-called diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home