Tasty Food Diet

I'm on a fitness and weightloss mission, while looking for the best take-away food around.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Hamburger Blogs


I'm getting a little obsessed about fast food, and how it fits into people's lives. Before I got fit, I was hooked on fast food, and ate it several times a day. I was essentially doing the Super-Size me diet, but not just for 30 days, it was more like a year or two. I got huge, and very unhappy. This is when I hit 105 kg. It started when I was thin, but unhappy, and decided to start eating a huge burrito every night after work. I'd go buy the El Champion burrito at La Salsa, which has over 1500 calories. I'd sit down in front of the television, and cram that thing into my mouth until I was numb and sleepy.

As I got fatter, I'd be ashamed to step into the La Salsa, so I started doing drive thrus. I'd order what Morgan Spurlock did, but I'd eat it alot faster than he would. Most of the time, I'd eat the fries before I got down the road, and I'd be disappointed when I got home and didn't have a massive amount of food anymore, so I started ordering extra items. Sometimes, I'd go out and get more. This required hiding the fast food bags that would accumulate on the passenger seat. I remember when Jack-In-The-Box tacos were on sale 3 for $.99. I'd buy either 9 or 12 of them, and eat about 6 in the car on the 5 minute ride home. I used to hate the fact that they had security cameras at the window of the drive thru, and they showed you the monitor (to remind you not to knock over the joint), and I'd see my bloated face in black and white, impatiently waiting for my 12 tacos.

Ok, I'm digressing. Anyways, I knew someone out there would have a fast-food oriented blog, so I wanted to see what it looked like. I found A Hamburger Today which has excellent posts and pictures from local hamburger stands around the world. Great theme. I don't think the author is obese or anything, he's just kind of has an interest in hamburgers.

I really started off searching for anti-McDonald's blogs, since my evangelism runs along these lines. A quick search found McSpotlight.org, which claims to be the premier anti-McDonald's site. It seems easier to find pro-McDonald's blogs like McDonald's Of The World, probably because of the McLibel result.

2 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. You are a jackenheimer for giving your body weight in kg. If you could be just a little American, that would be great.
2. You are a jackenheimer for not giving more info on females covering Bowie songs. A lazy jackenheimer at that.
3. More = better. This includes tacos.


Signed,
Very Anonymous Mike

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger stephenhow said...

I'll make a copy of the Bowie cover disk, and bring it in Saturday. Maybe I'll eat 3 tacos, but only if I pass on the cebollas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home